B2B customer engagement at a low
That's because far too many B2B companies appeal to customers based only on price, speed, and efficiency. While those factors matter, they won't differentiate a company from its competitors.
Gallup works with B2B companies around the world in many industries, from financial services to specialty manufacturing. Gallup research has identified the key factors relevant to B2B customers, including some factors that are unique from those relevant to broader consumer markets.
B2B companies, like all companies, need to establish an emotional connection with their customers to be successful. Fully engaged customers deliver a 23% premium over average customers in share of wallet, profitability, revenue, and relationship growth, while actively disengaged customers represent a 13% discount on the same measures, according to Gallup research.
But to stand out, B2B companies must also have a positive impact on clients' business performance to establish long-term, profitable B2B relationships. To shift their customer relationships from "price" to "advice," B2Bs must develop a high level of expertise and an in-depth knowledge of their clients' organizations and respective marketplace.
Driving Engagement and Impact in B2B Relationships
Gallup helps clients establish high-impact, engaging relationships with their B2B customers through an integrated approach that:
- Builds a sophisticated understanding of each organisation's buying centre
- Focuses on customer engagement and the unique drivers of engagement for each buying centre
- Directs the greatest attention to high-performing or high-potential accounts
- Takes action at the local level to transform how client teams serve their customers
- Creates business impact for customers
- Aligns employee engagement, development, and management strategies with behaviours that drive client impact.
Beyond Customer Engagement: Optimising Performance
Driving world-class customer engagement and business impact requires dedicated leaders, great managers, and engaged employees. It also requires organizations to optimise employee behaviour at every customer encounter. Gallup's HumanSigma methodology maximises the employee-customer encounter to drive operational and financial performance and growth