Contact centres head for the clouds
According to research conducted amongst 216 Contact Centre Managers and Directors for the 10th Edition of the ContactBabel UK Contact Centre Decision Makers' Guide:
- 54 per cent of UK contact centres that have used a Cloud technology solution have reduced their total cost of ownership
- 57 per cent of UK contact centres that have used a Cloud solution say they have gained more powerful or extended functionality
- 64 per cent of UK organisations are more interested in using Cloud solutions than 12 months ago
"Cloud contact centre technology solutions have become realistic options for centres of all sizes due to their high value proposition and flexibility" said Steve Morrell, Principal Consultant, ContactBabel.
Managers and Directors taking part in the research emphasised this point, highlighting the importance of flexibility when it came to technology purchasing decisions:
– 91 per cent stated that the ability to 'change user licences and functionality more flexibly' was more important than 12 months ago
– 54 per cent said that they had become more interested in 'virtualisation and homeworking' in the last 12 months
– 34 per cent said that 'pay-as-you-go pricing models' were more attractive than 12 months ago
"The ContactBabel UK Contact Centre Decision Makers' Guide is an industry bible when it comes to facts, trends and opinion about the contact centre industry – and we are delighted to have supported the 2012 edition" said Robert Bates, Commercial Director, Ultra Communications.