Daniel Mendez Costabel, Director, Innovation & Incubation for Delivery Partners at Microsoft
In the run up to this year’s Customer Engagement Summit, we’re to sit down with some of our world class industry speakers for a “Speaker in the Spotlight” interview to hear more about their role, responsibilities and what they are most looking forward to about the event. Today we are joined by Daniel Mendez Costabel, Director, Innovation & Incubation for Delivery Partners at Microsoft…
1. Can you provide us with an insight into a ‘day in the life’ of your role?
It’s all about collaboration which usually translates into many meetings while enforcing MSFT’s growth mindset and key company values of Accountability, Integrity, and Respect. Innovation to me is not truly about “new stuff” but mostly about “connecting the dots” between people, functions / roles, and Customers’ needs to continuously change the way we do things so most of my day is dedicated to that.
2. How has Covid affected your customer engagement strategies?
It has helped our Customers and ourselves to be even more digital and more empowered. We have been in a journey to digitalize experiences to fulfil MSFT mission “to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more” and Covid has moved that trend forward.
3. What do you think the future will look like for customer engagement?
Proactivity and increased levels of empowerment and flexibility are key trends.
4. We’re very excited about hear your thoughts and opinions during your session! Any chance we can get a sneak peek about what you will be specifically discussing?
Absolutely! I think that there are three key questions we have been entertaining as part of a broader transformation that I will be very interested on exploring at the session. These three questions are:
- How is Microsoft managing the mix between Work From Office and Work From Home? Short answer: Our research shows that The Ongoing Great Disruption Is Hybrid Work (The Next Great Disruption Is Hybrid Work—Are We Ready? (microsoft.com)) and To Thrive in Hybrid Work, you need to Build a Culture of Trust and Flexibility (To Thrive in Hybrid Work, Support Flexibility in Work Styles (microsoft.com))
- What “Hybrid” means then for Microsoft Customers? Short answer: Hybrid speaks about the importance of embracing different work styles—and the power of simple conversations. Success will depend on embracing the “hybrid paradox”
- What about Innovation? How does it work in this environment? Short Answer: hybrid work may help revive our networks at work to innovate more.
5. What are you most looking forward to about the event?
The insightful conversations, the data, the diverse realities and needs that we will witness.
Daniel will be taking part in the exclusive panel discussion focusing on “How organisations are maintaining trust, loyalty and reputation in the current climate?” on Wednesday 10th November – you can register your FREE ticket to the event and catch Daniel’s discussion live at the Customer Engagement Summit here.