MARKS & SPENCER AND NATIONWIDE TAKE HOME COVETED WHICH? AWARDS
Which? has named the top brands of the year at the 2017 Which? Awards, with Marks & Spencer, Nationwide and Utility Warehouse among those taking home the coveted accolades.
This year, Marks & Spencer ended a run of success for rivals Aldi and Waitrose to win the battle of the supermarkets to be crowned ‘Which? Supermarket of the Year 2017’. Toolstation was once again named ‘Which? Retailer of the Year 2017’, beating John Lewis, Richer Sounds, allbeauty and Apple.
The 2017 ‘Which? Banking Brand of the Year’ was awarded to Nationwide; with LV= taking the honours in the insurance category. Continuing the trend of smaller providers achieving recognition, Utility Warehouse won the Telecom Services Provider award.
The Which? Awards also recognise the exceptional standards of brands whose products consistently perform highly when tested by the independent Which? research teams. This year Samsung, Apple and Miele triumphed in the Sound & Vision, Computing & Mobile and Home Appliance categories respectively.
The ‘Which? Positive Change Award’ was given to Sharon White, Chief Executive of Ofcom, in recognition of the significant progress the regulator has made over the past two years in putting consumers at the heart of its agenda, working to improve products and services across the telecoms industry.
The Which? Awards ceremony was jointly hosted by Which? Chief Executive Peter Vicary-Smith and TV presenter Natasha Kaplinsky.
Peter Vicary-Smith, Which? Chief Executive, said: “Consumers should be at the heart of every business. Brands that deliver excellent products and services for their customers deserve to be recognised and rewarded.
“The Which? Awards winners list honours the commitment of those businesses that strive to meet the expectations of consumers and go above and beyond to respond to their needs.”
Which? Awards 2017 Winners:
- Which? Banking Brand of the Year 2017: Nationwide (also shortlisted: First Direct, TSB)
- Which? Insurance Provider of the Year 2017: LV= (also shortlisted: John Lewis Financial Services, M&S Bank, NFU Mutual)
- Which? Supermarket of the Year 2017: Marks & Spencer (also shortlisted: Aldi, Iceland, Lidl and Waitrose)
- Which? Computing & Mobile Brand of the Year 2017: Apple (also shortlisted: Huawei, Lenovo)
- Which? Sound & Vision Brand of the Year 2017: Samsung (also shortlisted: Fujifilm, Panasonic)
- Which? Home Appliance Brand of the Year 2017: Miele (also shortlisted: Bosch, LG, Samsung, Siemens)
- Which? Telecom Services Provider of the Year 2017: Utility Warehouse (also shortlisted: giffgaff, Zen Internet)
- Which? Retailer of the Year 2017: Toolstation (also shortlisted: allbeauty, Apple, John Lewis, Richer Sounds)
- Which? Travel Brand of the Year 2017: Riviera Travel (also shortlisted: Inntravel, Premier Inn, Regent Seven Seas, Trailfinders)
- Which? Trusted Trader of the Year 2017: Homeglaze Home Improvements Ltd (also shortlisted: Justin Bucknell Electrical Ltd, Proclene Ltd, Finesse Windows Ltd)
- Which? Positive Change Award 2017: Sharon White Chief Executive of Ofcom