Mobile wallets and wearables top digital trends for 2015
Research by Bell Pottinger reveals the top digital trends that are set to change the way brands communicate in 2015. The analysis captures the most talked about trends online in 2014 and ranks them in order of percentage increase throughout the year.
The top five digital trends include:
1. Near Field Communications (358% increase): by 2017 half of today’s smartphone users will use mobile wallets for their preferred payment method
2. Internet of Things (283% increase): 25 billion connected ‘things’ will be in use by 2020
3. Wearables (220% increase): more than 79 million wearables will be sold next year
4. Internal Communications (167% increase): in 2015 half of corporate network devices will be mobile
5. Storytelling (145% increase): visual blog posts drive 180% more engagement
James Thomlinson, Partner and Managing Director of Bell Pottinger Digital, says: “While technology will be one of the biggest drivers of marketing change in the New Year, the key focus for brands will be on delivering truly integrated strategies.
“Every year new hardware and software appears, but the most successful brands in 2015 will be those that harness new technology to deliver a single experience to consumers wherever they are in their journey.