Rapide writes rules for retailers
With falling sales figures and the high-street in turmoil, offering an excellent customer experience has never been more essential for retailers. Rapide, the Moments of Truth Company, has released its top tips for the future of customer experience in their latest thought leadership paper.
Research shows that 70% of customer defection is down to poor customer experience1 but 96% of unhappy customers don’t tell the company involved2. However with just a 5% reduction in defection, profits can lead to an average increase by 50% 3.
Drawing on these industry statistics, their expertise and the success they have seen from working with high profile clients such as John Lewis, Co-op and M&S, their advice reveals the tricks companies are missing when it comes to the customer journey and eight simple steps to offer superior experiences.
- Make communication convenient and relevant across the entire customer journey
- Bring online and offline worlds together – they work better together
- Embrace employees – a good customer experience starts with them
- Engage customers at every interaction
- Turn moments of truth into moments of opportunity – let customers have a voice and tell you how they feel
- Act upon actionable insight
- Mobilise advocates through mobile and social media
- Do it all in real-time!
Nigel Shanahan, Managing Director of Rapide commented: “All the clients we have worked with have seen an increase in revenue and an improved experience for their customers. We believe these results are down to getting our clients to buy-in to our values. Our biggest belief is that every customer should be given the chance to have their say in real-time at the moment of truth.”
All the tips, research and examples are available in Rapide’s exclusive thought leadership paper http://www.rantandrave.com/assets/Uploads/Thought-Leadership/Rapide-Thought-Leadership-The-Future-of-Customer-Experience-in-Retail.pdf