Social customer service: the digital divide
Consumers are positively engaged and highly loyal to the brands they choose to follow and "like" on social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and others
But according to the findings of the CMO Council's 'Variance in the Social Brand Experience' study, consumers also have high expectations that social brands will offer unique experiences, savings, promotions, and even games as part of their social engagement.
- Be eligible for exclusive offers (67%);
- Have the opportunity to interact with other customers who share a consumer's own experiences (60%);
- Gain access to games and contests (65%).
However, marketers believe that social engagement is more of a by-product of high quality content, and are less concerned with generating loyalty among social followers. According to marketers, customers 'Like' or engage with the brand because they:
- Want to be heard (41%);
- Are looking for news or information about products (40%);
- Are looking for incentives or rewards (33%);
- Are seeking special savings or experiences exclusive for followers (27%).