Utilities organisations Corona Energy and Northumbrian Water Group were both double category winners at Engage Business Media’s 2018 Engage Awards, the only customer and employee Awards programme, announced this week.
Affinity Water also picked up an Award for the utilities sector, while Rachel Williams from SSE won the new individual ‘Tomorrow’s Leader’ category, making it a huge night of celebration for utilities providers.
Media organisations and retailers also scored well in a programme that broke records across the board with more categories, more finalists, and more entries deliberated over by more judges than ever before.
Media companies tasting success included The Times, Sunday Times, and Daily Mail Group. Retailers winning awards including N Brown, Argos and Marks & Spencer International.
Organisations also winning Engage Awards were as diverse as Zero Suicide Alliance, Autocab, Shared Connected Services, Direct Line Group and Concentrix.
The Engage Awards winners were announced at a glittering black-tie Awards ceremony, hosted by major British comedy talent Marcus Brigstocke and held at the iconic Westminster Bridge Park Plaza Hotel in Central London on the evening of Monday November 12.
The winners and highly commended were chosen from a total of 147 deserving Engage Awards finalists across 19 categories and selected by our esteemed panel of 21 independent judges.
Steve Hurst, editorial director at EBM and chair of the Engage Awards judges says: “Feedback from our judges on what is the only customer and employee engagement Awards programme has been incredibly positive with them reporting the overall standard of entries at a record high.
“The 19 winners that we announced on November 12, together with the highly commended, and indeed all of our Engage Awards finalists can be genuinely proud of their achievements.”
The Engage Awards ceremony once again ran alongside EBM’s flagship Customer Engagement Summit, firmly established as Europe’s premier customer and employee engagement conference, held for the first time over two days also at the Westminster Bridge Park Plaza, on Monday November 12 and Tuesday November 13.
2018 Winners List
- Best Contact Centre – GFM & The Times
- Best Engagement in Retail & Financial Services – N Brown
- Best Engagement in Utilities & Telcos – Corona Energy
- Best Online Customer Experience – Affinity Water
- Best Outsourcing Partnership – Webhelp & Sky
- Best Use of Social Media – Argos
- Best Use of Training – Zero Suicide Alliance
- Best Use of Webchat/Artificial Intelligence (AI)/Robotics – Autocab
- Tomorrow’s Leader – SSE
- Employee Engagement Professional of the Year – The Times & Sunday Times
- Customer Engagement Professional of the Year – Reward Gateway
- Best Business Transformation Strategy – SSCL (Winner) with special mention to Corona Energy (Highly Commended)
- Best Employee Centric Strategy – Corona Energy (Winner) with special mention to Jardine Motors Group (Highly Commended)
- Best Use of Voice of the Employee – Direct Line Group (Winner) with special mention to Barcadi Ltd & Instinctif Partners (Highly Commended)
- Best Use of Voice of the Customer – M&S (Winner) with special mention to Big Yellow Self Storage (Highly Commended)
- Best Use of Innovation in Employee Engagement – Northumbrian Water Group (Winner) with special mention to Nissan & Skyscanner (Highly Commended)
- Best Use of Innovation in Customer Engagement – Daily Mail (Winner) with special mention to N Brown & The Times & Sunday Times (Highly Commended)
- Best Use of Technology in Employee Engagement – Northumbrian Water Group (Winner) with special mention to Brillio Limited & Tata Consultancy Services (Highly Commended)
- Best Use of Technology in Customer Engagement – Concentrix (Winner) with special mention to Autocab & Pulse (Highly Commended)