Martin Hill-WilsonBrainfood Consulting Founder Click to read more...
Steve HurstEngage Business Media Editorial Director Click to read more...
UK Brands and Digital Customer Experience in 2017
date: 23rd november
Join customer engagement expert Martin Hill-Wilson and Eptica for the key findings of the UK Customer Experience Study, which evaluated 100 leading companies on their ability to provide fast, accurate and consistent answers to routine questions via chat, email, web, Facebook and Twitter. The study also measured the quality of customer conversations according to 5 criteria: speed, relevance, contextualisation, personalization and empathy.
The results might shock you – overall, 56% of questions didn’t receive a satisfactory response! So, while customer expectations and volumes are rising, brands are not delivering. This is especially the case in social media, where many brands seem to be swamped. Happily, there are some bright spots, especially in chat with growing adoption (49%) and accuracy (89%) but then only 22% made it available when tested…
This session will also address the key challenges of customer experience and help make customer service a brand differentiator.
5 Key Take-Aways
- Automate more basic interactions to reduce the load (web self-service, chatbots)
- Invest in chat – consumers want it, so make it available
- Integration – share resources and knowledge across channels to maximise efficiency, consistency and speed up the process
- Empower agents – use AI to let them focus on complex engagements that rely on human skills
- Benchmark continually – consumers judge you against the best, whatever sector you operate in